BOTOX – Geneva, OH
Embrace a More Youthful Appearance
According to a report published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® in 2020, an estimated 4.4 million people pursued non-invasive treatment with botulinum toxin type A. This includes Botox. As an FDA-approved solution for aesthetic improvements, it is also commonly used to alleviate pain caused by temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ/TMD). Dr. Cooper Owens understands the difficulties patients face when looking in the mirror to see age lines, which is why he is pleased to provide Botox in Geneva as a viable solution. If you are ready to embrace a more youthful appearance or achieve relief from chronic jaw pain, call our office today.
What is BOTOX?
Botox is derived from what is known as botulinum toxin. As a diluted bacterium that is used for medical and cosmetic purposes, it can help to treat chronic jaw pain as well as smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
When injected, Botox works to temporarily freeze the facial muscles around a particular area so that they do not contract each time you laugh, smile, frown, or yawn.
As an injectable solution, it is to be administered by a skilled and qualified professional who is properly trained. Results can take several weeks before they are noticeable; however, after only a few days, the solution will begin to take effect.
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX?
Before moving forward with wrinkle treatment, you must meet with your cosmetic dentist to determine if you are a candidate for treatment. You will need to inform Dr. Owens of any medications you are currently taking, as certain ones can cause interactions that make Botox less effective. Also, you will need to go over your medical history and any vitamins or supplements you may be taking.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Owens will evaluate the severity of your jaw pain and/or age lines. If you are dealing with any of the following, you may be a good candidate for treatment:
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
- Glabellar lines (vertical lines between the eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet
- Vertical lines around the lips
- Forehead lines and wrinkles
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
The Benefits of BOTOX
When choosing Botox to improve your appearance and alleviate chronic jaw pain, you will discover many great benefits that cannot be achieved using other solutions. Some of these include:
- Botox is a non-invasive treatment option that doesn’t require surgery or extensive recovery.
- It is viewed as a “lunchtime treatment” because it takes little time to complete.
- The results of your Botox will appear natural, allowing you to feel more refreshed and youthful.
- The injection causes little to no discomfort because the needle used is small.
- Your results can last several months.